Apple iPad dominxxx the tablet market for a long time, but a strong competitor is coming, the Amazon Kindle tablet. First, let’s simply introduce the specification of the Kindle tablet.
- Single Core CPU
- $250 price point
- 6GB of internal storage
- 7″ touch screen display
- Integrated Amazon access to Amazon Store, Kindle books, music through Amazon Cloud Player, video streaming, and Amazon’s Android Appstore
- Wi-Fi equipped
- Micro-USB port
- Dual speakers
- Runs custom forked build of Android OS
- Includes a WebKit based web browser, Cover Flow-like user interface to flip through content, a Dock for apps and favorite items
- Free Amazon Prime account with purchase
Some extra software information
- It’s built on a forked version of Android
- It has Apple Cover Flow-ish user interface, with all the content—books, movies and music— the UI is “very responsive,” unlike the Nook Color.
- In portrait mode, it has a dock where users can add their favorites.
- The book reader app is much like the Android Kindle app.
- The music app connects to Amazon Cloud.
According to TechCrunch scoop: there will be a second 10″ model come out next year in early 2012, possibly with a dual core CPU and some other expanded features.
I’m sure the Amazon Kindle Tablet would be popular during the Christmas holiday season, if you lucky to receive one as gift. You may want to enjoy your DVD movie or personal video on it. And this step by step guide will show you how to convert DVD and video to mp4 video for playback on Amazon Kindle Tablet. It would be easy to follow, even you are computer newbie can handle with it.
Step1. Download and install the Media converter for Kindle, and then open it. There are several ways to import your media files to the converter as follow:
- Add Video files: You can drag and drop your video files like AVI, YouTube video, WMV, MPEG, MKV, FLV, RMVB, VOB, etc video into the program, this converter supports batch conversion, you can import and convert several video files at a time.
- Load DVD Rom: Put a DVD movie disc into your computer DVD-Rom, use this way to import theDVD movie into the converter.
Step2. Hit the device icon to select output video format, go to ‘HD video -> MP4’. You can also customize the video resolution and video bit rate.
Step3. After the above steps, click “Start” to run the conversion, it would take a few minutes to finish the conversion; you can go away and enjoy a coffer. Once the conversion is finished, you can click ‘Find Target’ to locate the mp4 video on your hard drive.
Step4. Connect your Amazon Kindle Tablet to computer through USB cable, copy the mpeg-4 video to Kindlestorage. That’s all, enjoy my guide, contact me if you need further help.
Free Download Media Converter for Kindle Tablet